Five easy steps to showcasing your work with a photo book.
written by Sage Willingham
As photographers we all know the importance of creating a portfolio and showcasing your work because lets face it, it is hard to enjoy all of those photos when the only place they sit is on your hard drive! Creating a photo book is easier than you think when you have the right tools. And while there are various options out there, Mixbook is one option you must consider if you want to showcase your work in a beautiful way.
This article details how easy it is in five easy steps for you to create a photo book with Mixbook in 5 simple steps.
Step 1: Choose the shots you want to showcase – is it by theme or timeframe. Is there an event, client photoshoot, or specific timeframe that you want to share? Once you have decided on which photos you want to showcase, you probably have an idea on how you want to design your photo book. As of writing this post Mixbook has 377 fully customizable design themes so chances are if you want a specific theme they have it – from travel and family to seasonal and professional designs! And don’t worry for those of you who want to design your own book from scratch, you can – they have a blank template that you can make your own.
2. Upload and Drop Your Photos into Place – you can upload photos from one or multiple sources. After you have uploaded your photos you can drag and drop the photos onto the pages. Or Mixbook has an autofill feature where your photos are auto-populated into the book. Boom it is that easy!
3. Getting to know the photo tools and editor
Not terrific in post processing yet? Answer: You can easily do it in Mixbook. Are you looking for filters to enhance or change the mood, look and feel of your photos?
You can add borders, shadows, adjust colors and more!
You have full control over photo shape cutouts, borders, drop shadows, exposure and color, and a variety of photo effects.
All you need to do is click on the photo to activate your photo toolbar, then click “effects”
4. Personalizing your book
Every page and design is fully customizable. Adding captions is super easy- just select the Add Text option, choose your font style and easily adjust the size of your text.
You can change backgrounds and add any other graphics or stickers you want choose from designs recommended based on what’s in the theme, choose designs from other themes, or upload your own)
5. Ready to Print: Choosing your paper and cover. Once you have created your photo book it’s time to make the finishing touches by choosing the type of paper and cover you want.
Whether you are looking for a classic look with a semi-gloss finish or a photo book with a more premium matte look and feel like ultra-thick lay-flat option with a soft touch matte finish, Mixbook has it.
And if you aren’t sure about the different paper types and cover options here’s a short description:
- Semi Gloss is standard photo book paper – Classic, smooth, with a subtle gloss
- Pearl Finish paper adds a silky shimmer to pages
- Premium Lay Flat — Ultra-thick premium paper, with a luxe matte finish
- Softcover – Durable and flexible with a glossy finish
- Hardcover – Glossy or Matte
The net result: Beyond making it easy to create a photo book, it struck me as to how Mixbook built their site with the purpose of bringing photos to life for everyone to enjoy in a beautiful display.
Seriously, how many photos are captured but never printed and enjoyed in a book? Challenge yourself to bring your photos to life quickly, easily and with the quality you would expect at a price point that will surprise you with Mixbook.
Mixbook has been nice enough to offer the photo.net community a special limited time offer. You won’t be disappointed!